Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, October 25, 2020

October 25, 2020. Holiday Island, AR. The Week In Review

Even though one of my devotional readings this morning said "you can't get anywhere today, if you're still bogged down in yesterday", I want to give a quick review of the past week.....and Thank God for it.
Last Sunday I attended a memorial for a Passion Play cast member who was in the Play for 52 of its 53 years. What a wonderful witness his life was. I prayed for a former pastor and his wife, who had to evacuate their home in Colorado because of the wild fires. On Monday I gave a Holy Land tour to six wonderful guests. On Tuesday, I taught the Tabernacle, presented the Upper Room to very receptive listeners and was prayed for, given a surprising donation for the Passion Play and wore a warm cape made specially for me by our dear friend Joan. On Wednesday I endured some technology issues, met some very nice truck repair people and readied my pickup and our cabin for the upcoming winter conditions.
On Thursday I did a few cabin chores, we had friends at the cabin for dinner, saw a few ladybugs and went back to the RV to prepare for two performance days. I listened to the Presidential Debate. I cast my vote at the Early Voting site. Friday and Saturday were pretty cold and I used a warmer cape which Joan has given me last year (a 2XL which Dick had used for years), and spent a blustery two days at the Upper Room and in the Play each night performing before a bundled up audience who endured uncomfortable conditions to witness the Play, and the story of Jesus' Passion.
A number of our friends, family and co-workers faced difficult situations this week: a positive Covid test, a cancer diagnosis, an injured knee, an eye issue initially thought to be a torn retina, harsh words and foul language aimed at them, a person injured during a bike race on the Passion Play property, slow recovery from a recent heart operation, financial challenges, vehicle problems, enduring the sudden weather changes from hot and humid to cold and windy.
But in all this we forged ahead. The ladybugs may have decided to bypass us this year because of the cold weather, and I awoke each day still eager to do what I have been called to do. I think our former pastor was able to return to his home. My other devotional (Our Daily Bread) this morning was Joshua 1:1-9, God's encouragement to be strong and courageous and His promise to never leave us or forsake us. I enjoyed the week, had many wonderful experiences even with the bumps in the road, and I feel that I have been strengthened for the road ahead and trusting God for His plan and purpose for each of us. Stay the course, run the race and finish strong..........We will be better prepared for His future Kingdom..............THANK YOU, LORD.

Sent from my iPad


Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. How about some GOOD NEWS! My stress test on the 19th revealed "Completely normal blood flow" throughout the arteries surrounding my heart. Jumping for joy. The follow-up visit with the cardiologist on the 23rd, after reviewing another test, a sonogram, resulted in the diagnosis - "Everything is normal, see you in a year"!!! Still having to take the anti-coagulant
    .

    Miss you guys... Stay warm-

    ReplyDelete