Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, October 16, 2020

October 16, 2020. Eureka Springs, AR. T-minus.........

The countdown has begun. We are under ten performance days to go in the 2020 season. That there was a 2020 season of The Great Passion Play, at all, was a miracle in itself. As the Covid situation began and grew in severity, we held out little hope that the State of Arkansas would allow us to open. But, the plan which was submitted was accepted and we complied with the requirements of masks, social distancing and the food limitations, and start we did.
Attendance was down until the last few weeks, and the prospects for this weekend look pretty good with favorable weather expected. We have faced some other issues, as well; a vulture mom and her two chicks taking up residence in the Bethlehem Inn, armadillos destroying the sod-laying of our Garden of Gethsemane as well as the front feature at the PP entrance, the loss of a number of our Play and petting zoo animals, and the death of Rich G. who had been in the Play cast for over 52 years.
A number of injuries during the season impacted the size of our cast which was already lower due to the Covid concerns, and I think I will need to have my shoulder repaired in order to be able to handle the PP and cabin chores which require a better-functioning body than I presently have. I'll know more when I visit the VA Ortho people in mid-November. In any event.........8 performance days to go.....and counting.


Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I'm going in for a Nuclear Pharm Stress Test tomorrow. I have been told I have hardening of the arteries, I thought it was just "hardening of the head".
    I guess you'll get your shoulder fixed ASAP? No need to tarry, get it over with.
    We'll be praying for you all as well as for Rob and Ellie. Take care - miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete