Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, May 31, 2021

May 31, 2021. Holiday Island, AR. Up And Running

The 2021 Passion Play season is now back in session. After our Easter weekend start we went "black" for April and most of May, and began again this past weekend for three performances. It was good to back in the saddle, so to speak, but it was not an easy weekend. We think our electrical system may have been struck by lightening Thursday night causing our light and sound system to not work as it should have on Friday night. The show went on, but with less than ideal results.
On Saturday and Sunday we had better success and anticipate improvements as we become more familiar with our improved system. It always seems strange to me that the Play has become so familiar to me that it's almost a conditioned response to remember the lines, know when to be where on the set and not have to reread the script, practice walking through the scenes, but rather just going out there and doing it. I'm not saying that we are doing the play in a robotic fashion, I'm saying that for me it is done naturally and with full awareness of where I am, where I need to be and acting as if I'm doing the play for the very first time. After seven full seasons and more than 500 performances, I still feel the joy of being part of the telling of the story, living it as if I were with Him in His earthly ministry and waiting for the moment when I will meet Him face to face and having a role in His Eternal Passion Play. Not just up and running.......but running upward..........and so gratefully for having been "called" to do it. Thank You, Lord.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment