Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, May 28, 2021

May 28, 2021. Holiday Island, AR. GO

It is 5:30am. It won't be long now, and the 2021 Great Passion Play season will resume with three performance days per week until the last weekend of October. Right now, I reflect on today's quiet time with The Lord.....the scriptures......and devotionals....and sit in the stillness of pre-dawn, comforted by the thought that every day is an opportunity to reflect the grace, mercy and love of God through my words and deeds.
I have spent countless hours trying to read more, learn more, know more about God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit and it seems that the more I wrestle with this effort, the less I really "get it". But, if I stop wrestling and just accept Him and His will by faith, the simpler it becomes. All Jacob did in his wrestling match with God in Genesis 26 was injure himself, but when he just clung to God and ceased trying to "win", he realized that God's will is all he, and we, need to seek. And when we cling to that, HIS WILL, we have all we need and are blessed. As my little daily calendar verse for today says; "God will supply, but we must apply". Get it.......got it........GO.
It's 6:00am and even with a grey, cloudy, hazy sky out the window, there is a bright sun shining somewhere. Your will be done, Lord. YOUR will be done. Thank You.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Hello Hal and Karen from the Deep South! We are making it fine here, well, except for the planned repair/or/replace feature of our bodies, not appliances. While contorting myself to exit the bed without disturbing a sleeping dog at my feet, I got the biggest leg cramp - charley horse - I hollered, Susan thought I was having the big one; limped around for a few days, heating pads and massagers and cold packs - then the huge bruising up and down my leg all the way to the foot. Finally over that.
    I've had a catch in my left ring finger for several years that I was waiting for it to heal or Medicare - whichever came first. I have been given "an offer I couldn't refuse" to do some redistricting consulting for a big law firm come the fall. I'll need all of my typing skills, so I scheduled the surgery. It was a lot bigger deal than I thought. It's been two weeks and still not completely healed up, but, I have 96% complete mobility in that finger, it flattens out like it should and typing has become normal again. Soon I hope to regain my full strength in my grip and get back to some yard work - the neighbor just won "Yard of the Month" - got some catching up to do.
    Really miss everyone at the Play. I hope we'll get to make another trip later this summer before my other part-time job kicks in and I'll be stretched out like a racehorse for the next couple of years.

    If you can find one, Benny Hinn's book, "Good Morning Holy Spirit" is excellent.

    Hang in there, going to soak and stretch my hand, maybe hunt up some lunch

    Love youse guys-

    ReplyDelete