Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, April 19, 2021

April 19, 2021. Holiday Island, AR. Career Choices

There have been a number of times in my 75 years that I have had to make decisions on what I "wanted to do when I grew up". In fact, there have been MANY such times, the most important one being after I graduated Law School, passed the Virginia State Bar Exam, and made the decision NOT to practice Law in Virginia or anywhere else.
After spending a considerable amount of time watching the trial of Derek Chauvin on television and listening to opening statements, testimony of multiple witnesses, some of the closing arguments, judges instructions and the comments of the HLN panel of "experts", I am SO glad I made that decision forty-nine years ago to not pursue a legal career.
I definitely enjoy talking. Most people who know me would agree with that, but I really don't enjoy the legalities of being a lawyer. I don't do well in confrontational situations and I would not do well in an environment like we witnessed in the ChaIvin trial. There are too many "truths", there are too many variations in what people "witness" and the realization that one wrong word or statement could have a profound impact on someone's life, death or financial situation and the resulting public reaction. My stomach would not do well in such a circumstance and I might get even less sleep than I get now without such a stressful career. I may not have chosen wisely some of the career moves I made, but NOT becoming Dr. Harold Schatz Esq., B.A, J.D. was, by far, the best career choice I made. I rest my case.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment