Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, April 10, 2021

April 10, 2021. Holiday Island, AR. Let’s Try Again

When a I sat down to write my blog three days ago, my mind went blank. The more you I sat, the less came to mind and the more I realized, "It was not my day". it was frustrating, but, then again, the last year has been frustrating in many areas. The virus while affecting everyone in one way or another has taken a toll on our national psyche. Masks have become the norm and I believe have made us more "invisible", cut off the amount of air which gets into our body, and generally given us a false sense of security.
The vaccine is not a cure-all but is being touted as one by some. Who knows how long it will be effective and what the long term ramifications will be. Half the country is still seeing increases in cases and hospitalizations and yet some states are "reopening" as if there is no danger of another surge. It's a confusing mess.
I'm still at less-than-full-strength from my surgery, but doing well in my therapy and eager to get back to a more active routine. The added pounds are crying for release from my waist. I need to proceed cautiously to avoid re-injury. The surgeon did too good a job for me to undo it by going too fast, too soon.
There is a lot of concern for the direction our country is heading after the last election. It concerns me that we were promised a President who would be a President of ALL the people, and yet seems to ignore the 74 million who didn't vote for him and feels the need to "executive order" his agenda without listening to the people he promised to listen to. It worries me that he is trying to do too much too soon and possibly cause injury which may be hard to repair. We live in perilous times and need leaders at all levels who will make wise decisions, and weigh impact they will have on us and those who come after us.
Let's try again to get along, be considerate of others and realize that life is more than us getting our way, all the time, every time. I'm trusting God for direction and provision more than any earthly leader, political agenda, or multiple multi-trillion dollar cure-alls.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment