Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

January 5, 2021. Holiday Island, AR. On Hold

I was supposed to have my rotator cuff surgery on December 16, 2020. I really should have had it a year earlier, but I had cold feet and put it off. Unfortunately, the shoulder didn't get better with therapy and my falling down a few times and aggravating it didn't help much either. When I saw the orthopedic surgeon this past December 9th it was time for action and he and I were both prepared to proceed the next week.
But my primary VA doc wanted an EKG and the reviewing doctor requested an echocardiogram and on the 16th instead of surgery, I wrecked my pick-up,and the pick-up damaged my left leg, so things ground to a call. The echo never was scheduled and today I found out the earliest time I can have it is January 28th. So we're on hold and who knows what will happen between now and then, and when we can do the surgery after that, if the cardiologist gives the okay and the primary care doc gives her release to allow the surgeon to operate.
Does it seem like maybe the surgery is not to be? Not for me to say. Too many variables, beyond my control. Kind of like the whole situation we are facing with the virus, the restrictions in place for businesses, hospitals and life in general. And then there is the political turmoil and the decision on what will happen in Georgia and the control of the Senate remaining "red" or turning "blue" or somewhere in between. Are we on hold and at the mercy of too many chiefs and no indians. Ask the Washington Football Team what they think of the Cleveland Indians, Buffalo Braves, Edmonton Eskimos, Golden State Warriors, Kansas City Chiefs, Atlanta Braves...........and a bunch of college and high school "incorrect" team names. But.......I digress........on hold for.............?
One day at a time, sweet Jesus.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment