Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, September 28, 2020

September 28, 2020. Eureka Springs, AR. Past, Present, Future

Today is Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement for Jews. I grew up as a Jew and Yom Kippur was the day when all of us went to Temple to repent of our sins for the prior year. It was a serious day and we began by not eating anything for 24 hours, spent most of our waking hours in Temple reciting prayers (mostly in Hebrew) and trying to understand the traditions and rituals of Judaism a little better than we had in prior years.
Tomorrow marks the 12th anniversary of my heart attack and "lights and siren" ambulance ride to the hospital in Fort Collins to have two stents put in my arteries to relieve 99 and 95 percent blockages.
Today, a I led a group of visitors on a tour of the Passion Play's Holy Land, I blew the Shofar as part of my presentation, remembering my past as a Jew, the gratitude I have for the medical care I have been receiving from the VA as a result of my Agent Orange disability from VietNam and the praise I give to God for brining me to faith in Jesus Christ in June, 1999, just over 21 years ago.
And with all that has gone before, all we are experiencing now, I look forward and thank God for the freedom we have in Christ to serve as we do through our words, our actions and our thoughts. Thank You, Lord for everything we have been through, for being our strength in the tough times, the joy in the good times and for Your promise of great times yet to come. All praise and honor to You.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment