Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

September 1, 2020. Holiday Island, AR. Rain

The hurricane didn't come this far north, so the rain we were expecting, and desperately needed didn't come........until a front from the west arrived and brought good, steady rain overnight last night. The rain gauge read just over an inch, but I think we might have received more. In any event, it was nice not to have to drag hoses and see the dirt roads tamped down after the plows did their grading last week.
With the rain came some cooler weather and that too is welcome after the hot and humid month of August. The Play enters its final two months and with the earlier 7:30 start time after this coming weekend, it makes our performance day end at 9:15 and allows us to get to sleep earlier. This has been an unusual year and one full of new adventures, challenges and opportunities. I'll close for now. Thanks for tuning in. Not much in the writing mood, I guess.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I was exposed to the Chinese virus last week; My co-worker and his wife both tested positive. I took the 15 minute test and it came back negative. I also took the antibody blood test. That was Saturday, it is Wednesday and haven't heard a peep.
    I'm not going in for two weeks at least and when they show no symptoms for a few days. The center is pretty busy and I had become helpful in the efficient workflow. Back to square one for the time being. They have set up a reverse quarantine and are not seeing customers directly. HBP and T2 diabetes puts me in that group of folks that need to be careful.
    It's hot here too - 84° feels like 96°, barely a sprinkle from the hurricanes, mostly from the intermittent thunderstorms from afternoon heating.
    Miss you guys - wish we could come visit
    Enjoy your "cabin" - ha!

    ReplyDelete