Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, September 4, 2020

September 4, 2020. Eureka Springs, AR. IceCream-Less

Most of my life I have been addicted to ice cream. There was no such thing as one bowl of ice cream or one scoop or moderation of any kind. It was all-out-unlimited ice cream and there was no alternative plan. After my heart attack, when I started getting medical care at the VA in Cheyenne, Wyoming, my doctor told me to eliminate ice cream from my diet. I was shocked and asked him for a second option. He said to eliminate yogurt, cheese and all dairy products as well. I told him that was an impossibility and that I better look for a new doctor.
I didn't look for a different doctor because I really liked Dr. T, but I didn't follow his advice either. That was 2009. After my less-than-satisfactory bloodwork numbers last month, the current VA doctor in Arkansas told me I had to watch my glucose and A1C or risk being labeled a diabetic. I took the advice seriously this time and have decided to do away with the ice cream, read the labels more closely for sugars, added sugars and the other "naughties" and as I have done with other "addictions"........go cold turkey, bite the bullet and get this situation under control......and do it NOW.
Karen has been a real asset in this battle. More vegetables, more fruits, giving me bags of food to bring with me to the RV when I don't go back to the cabin because of the Friday-Saturday schedule. With a Sunday performance day this weekend, she gave me extra to keep me on course. It's going to work. I can feel it. GET BEHIND ME ICE CREAM. You aren't welcome here.......at least not until the next round of blood tests.......

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment