Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, August 13, 2018

August 13, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. OD

Anytime we hear stories of people who have addiction problems, we wonder how they get into such a predicament. All of us have a tendency to overdue a good thing and get into trouble or overdue a bad thing and get into even worse trouble. In my 72 years, I have had my share of addictions, both good and bad and have been able to work my way through most of them.
Someone once told me that the way to beat an addiction to food (like chocolate) is to buy the biggest bar of Hershey's (5 pounds), eat the whole thing in one sitting and you will get so sick you will never eat chocolate again. I have never tried that remedy. Right now, I am sort of addicted to the television show Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck. Ion Television has a "marathon" of Blood Bloods every Thursday and the shows run continuously most of the day. Fortunately, Thursday has been a performance day for the Passion Play and I have been occupied all day with being Moses, a disciple and various other PP duties, so I have not been able to feed my BB addiction.
However, last Thursday we dropped our Thursday performances for the rest of the season and I had the opportunity to ease into the BB schedule at 6pm and watched three episodes in a row. As I started the 9 pm episode, I realized I was in danger of od'ing and pulled the plug. Fortunately, there was no chocolate in the motor home. With all the bullets that had been flying for those prior three hours, I was able to dodge the big one. This Thursday I'll do my best to limit myself to no more than two BB's and a bite size Snickers. Self-control is a bitter pill to swallow.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment