Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, August 10, 2018

August 10, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. The Rest of the "Day Off" Story

After writing about getting ready for Tuesday's Play, the weather descended and it looked like we were in for quite a storm. I headed down to the set before it hit and within half an hour, (an hour before before "curtain"), the play was cancelled and it was back to day off status for me. Wednesday and Thursday were slow days, so I ended up with a five day vacation and what was a very welcome respite from a busy season, thus far, at TGPP.
When we get tired we are susceptible to all kinds of problems; injuries, illnesses, bad attitude, loss of motivation, burnout. I remember times in the past when I didn't want to keep at the task, wished things would change, and things did changed in ways which caused me physical injury or to make impulsive decisions which were not well thought out and led to long term negative consequences which took even longer to overcome. That sounds like a lot of words to say simply......I made bad choices because of not thinking a situation through and then did something stupid. Or more simply, I was too worn out to think straight.
It all boils down to knowing our limits, stepping back from too many irons in the fire and learning to say no when we really need to say no. I don't think we have to flee to an island, take a cruise or tire ourselves out on a road trip to a place we've never been before. We just need to get out of the rut of work and busyness, sit down in a comfortable place, turn off the distractions and "chill out". That's what my past Sunday to Thursday were, and today the return to the normal routine and the crush of the crowd were like water off a duck's back. And now I, await the start of the evening Play. Thank You, Lord for being with us in our time of work, our time off and every time in between. You know when to lighten our load and when to share the burden when it gets too heavy for us to bear alone. In You, Lord, we have a perfect Rest.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment