Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

August 7, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. Day Off

Saturday really wore me out. I wrote an upbeat blog and then got into one of those days which had more activity, more heat and less hydration and by the end of the Holy Land portion of the day, I was pooped. The play went well, but I was ready for Sunday and Monday and the time to slow the pace down to a crawl, maybe even a complete stop.
I skipped my early Sunday wog (walk/ jog), decided not to go to church but did take care of the cast laundry from Saturday night. That doesn't involve much physical effort, but that was the extent of my Sunday work. Monday, I went for a one hour wog, shoveled out the Holy Land animal pen and did my golf cart maintenance routine and hung up the cast laundry in three of the four dressing rooms. Another pretty easy day. Today it was teach the Old Testament Tabernacle session, wait for a squall to pass through the area and drive a couple on a private Holy Land Tour. In reality it was my third day off in a row, and right now I feel like I have regained my strength and am ready for tonight's Play. The rain looks like it will bypass us the rest of the day.
I've always had difficulty sitting still, backing off from the tasks at hand, taking a day off and doing NOTHING. But, as I begin to feel my body resist the go, go, go, I am accepting the reality that sometimes it's appropriate to say no, no, no and just stop. I remember my training days when I did take a day off, but the next day did a double workout. Those days are gone, and I hope I won't be tempted to repeat them. Tomorrow and Thursday are non-performance days, so maybe I can make this "vacation" continue. I'll let you know.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment