Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, June 5, 2017

June 5, 2017. Eureka Springs, AR. Writer's Block

Normally, when I sit down to blog, I have a subject in mind or an interesting event to relate, but tonight I seem to have come up short. James, Isy and JP had planned a trip to California to visit friends and family and then were heading to Arizona for a big Harvest America concert/ evangelism event at University of Phoenix Stadium. We drove to the airport yesterday, but on the way they were texted that their flight to Dallas had been cancelled, so after getting to the airport to see if there might be another possible way to get to California, we were back in the car headed back this way, to try again today.
We made the same drive again this morning, and even though their flight was delayed, they finally made it to Dallas, but at the moment I have their car back here in Eureka Springs, not sure if they made it to California or are still in Dallas. I know that they had to change reservations for hotels and transportation, and plans for meeting friends and family, and if they are still in Dallas they will be changing stuff round again, so I'm down the list to be contacted. I'm sad that they "lost" a day of their vacation, but they were pretty upbeat compared to some of the others who were "inconvenienced" by the severe weather. There's only so much we can do in these situations and, unfortunately, the rules are the rules and refunds, adjustments, and customer service do not favor the customer and often create additional expense and frustration for that customer. I hope their trip turns the corner and things work out in their favor from Dallas onward.
As for this blog, I guess I came up with something after all. The four of us had a pleasant 150 miles of driving to and from XNA, and my 50 miles solo drive back here took me past the Shortstop in Garfield where I enjoyed a super hamburger, curly fries and a kid-size soft serve ice cream cone which rivals any I have ever had in my many years of ice cream addiction.
Guys, enjoy your In-and-Out Burgers and your time away from The Passion Play. You deserve the break and i'll anticipate another blog topic up the road, when you return.





Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment