Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, June 2, 2017

June 2, 2017. Eureka Springs, AR. The Best Laid Plans........Part 2

My plan for today was to blog about one of my ongoing "thorns".......chiggers. But, in the course of the day my plans changed......or more accurately, God had a better topic for me. And that topic is a continuation of my last blog, and the reality of God's control over our lives and the events of our day.
After the play last night, I was beat. Every part of my body hurt, with my feet being the worst. An Epsom Salts soak helped a great deal, and knowing the kids from the Mississippi mission trip were going to clean the amphitheater this morning was a great relief. I slept straight thru the night, starting my devotionals at 6:30. I didn't have very much enthusiasm for the day ahead, and was even thinking of "calling in sick". Instead, I went on auto-pilot and did my "chores" and when it looked like there were no people for Dick's In-depth Tabernacle Teaching, I had an easy out and could have had the next two hours "off". But something(?) told me there were people who needed to hear his presentation and I offered a group of 14 a chance to hear his presentation even though they hadn't purchased tickets. Maybe someone in that group needed the teaching. Perhaps I needed to hear something new in his presentation. Or maybe, Dick needed to field a question which would challenge him in his life.
What happened the rest of the day was an opportunity to step back from the challenges and frustrations of limited staff and limited resources and watch God resolve each situation in a way only He could. Time slowed down, people were moved from place to place with efficiency, there was cooperation, kind words and an unhurried and unharried atmosphere. It was fun to be part of the process, speak to kids who behaved, have time to visit with a Vietnam Veteran with health issues similar to mine, tell my testimony to four women who initially only wanted to have pictures taken with "Moses", listen to a host of issues which people needed God to "fix" and just enjoy being where I am, help where needed, laugh, praise God for the beautiful weather, and let God soften my heart and still give me the time sit and relax (and blog) before tonight's performance. It has been a wonderful day and a far cry from the one I thought I would be facing.
God is Good. How great it is to know He has plans for us all, plans to prosper us and give us hope and a future. I have no idea what the next moment will bring, but I know that God does and that I can rely on Him, trust Him and thank Him, in advance, for what is yet to come. Yes.....
Thank You, Lord.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment