Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, June 23, 2017

June 23, 2017. Eureka Springs, AR. Whose Side Are You On?

There are a lot of things to do at The Great Passion Play as a visitor or as a volunteer in the PP ministry. Being in the cast offers a wide variety of roles; a chance to be a supporter of Jesus Christ as He assembles a band of close disciples and a wider group of supporters and believers in His eternal plan; an opponent or outright enemy of Jesus as a religious leader of the Jews, a Roman official or military person, a doubting or betraying disciple or maybe someone who changes sides a number of times during the performance of the Play.
I have been one of Jesus' disciples, but in the very same performance yelled for His crucifixion, then transformed into a believer by a kind touch and understanding look from Jesus as He carries His cross toward Calgary. I have taken Jesus off the Cross, carried Him to the tomb, wiped His blood off my hands, spit on Him and denied Him as a false prophet and blasphemer. Each night is different in the role I play, the position I take about his credibility, whether He was who He said He was, or just another lunatic claiming to be God. If I had lived during that period of time and been part of the population He impacted, I don't know if I would have been for Him or against Him. Would I have followed Him, opposed Him openly or been indifferent to the whole situation, denied Him like Peter, or betrayed Him, like Judas?
It has been a real experience being a character in the Play, doing so many things to support and advance the Passion Play ministry whether being a Moses-like character in The Holy Land, being part of the maintenance team, the construction team or just picking up trash or the "trail" left by our animals. My study of Jesus, His words, His servant nature and His call for us to be more like Him, have all added to how i look at my past, the way I approach each new experience and personal contact, and the destiny which lies ahead for those who support Him and those who deny Him. I am different from the person I was yesterday, last week, last year and since I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior four days short of 18 years ago. It's fun to play so many "personalities" in the Play, but it's more fun to know whose side I'm on in real life. All for Jesus and for that I am grateful and abundantly blessed.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment