Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, July 7, 2016

July 7, 2016. Eureka Springs, AR. Who Do You Believe?

As we approach the political conventions and the upcoming election for President and other public officials, it's also time to reevaluate our entire trust and belief agenda. Which medicine should we take, or have we already taken one that a lawyer on television is urging us to join their class-action suit? Is there one car which really is the best or do they all have defective air-bags, ignition systems and recalls which haven't been communicated to us? Are we supposed to believe the CDC and International Health Organization or do we rely on the Hollywood actress as our medical expert on communicable diseases?
Every day, and at every decision point we have to decide what information is reliable and who we can depend on as our "expert witness". My training in Law School and subsequent non-career as a lawyer gave me a jaundiced view of not only the legal profession, but many aspects of my life and the people I chose to ally myself with. To say I am a skeptic, suspicious and maybe even paranoid is not far from the truth. That I have chosen to be a Christian, believe in Jesus Christ and spend my life in volunteer ministry for the past 17 years, defies logic, would astonish many who knew me "back then", and yet gives me a peace beyond any I have ever known.
Who do I believe? The Father, Son and Holy Spirit, their control of my life and the life I share with Karen, the direction they have taken us and the future they have promised those of us who are obedient to their call. It may not make sense to some, but it makes sense to me.........and that is sufficient. Thank You, Lord.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment