Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, July 31, 2016

July 31, 2016. Eureka Springs, AR. You're Not Going to Believe This !

Two years ago, August 2, 2014, I wrote a blog entitled "The Key and the Lock", and I have retold that story many times as a testimony to God's influence on every aspect of our life. Well, God has given me a new story, and the setting of the story is the same; the Passion Play amphitheater. The activity is also the same; cleaning up after the previous night's performance. Friday morning as I was walking the rows and picking up "trash", I was remembering 2014 when I had found a number of $20 bills on the property. Whatever money I pick up, whether it is a penny or a twenty, or money I receive as a "tip" goes into the Passion Play donation box. In jest, I said, "Lord, let me find a twenty". Within a few minutes, in the next seating section I found a wallet wedged between the seat and back of a chair, a place I would not normally look.
There was plenty of identification and plenty of money in the wallet (nearly $200). I finished my clean-up and then looked through the wallet for a contact number and did find a cell number. I called, left a message and turned the wallet in at the ticket booth. About an hour later I checked with Ray and he told me the man had just come and picked up the wallet. Kiddingly, I asked Ray if the man had left a $20 donation as a "reward". No, he hadn't. But just then I looked over my shoulder and there was the man coming up to the box office. I recognized him from the picture I had seen on his VA identification card in his wallet. I thanked him for his military service, asked him if the VA was treating him well and we talked for a few more minutes. He explained that he was back at the Passion Play with his wife. They had been married in the chapel on the PP grounds, twenty years ago yesterday and were celebrating their anniversary by coming back to the Play. He thanked us for finding his wallet, handed Ray an envelope and left.
I looked at Ray and the unsealed envelope and said, "I bet there's a twenty in there for the Passion Play". I was wrong. There was a check for $250. God had answered my "prayer" and then some. Praise God for His faithfulness, His humor, and His ever-presence in every aspect and detail of our life, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem at the time. Thank you AWM from Georgia. And, Thank You, Lord, for a new "you're not going to believe this" story. You never cease to amaze me.
By the way, this morning the amphitheater yielded $2.60.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment