Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, July 10, 2016

July 10, 2016. Eureka Springs, AR. Too Much to Say.........

....and sometimes we say too much. One of my devotionals today spoke to the topic of being careful about the words we use and the message we are conveying with our actions. "Our Daily Bread" tells us that "Our old tongue must go away. The only way to learn the new language of (God's) love is by making Jesus the Lord of our speech. When the Holy Spirit works in us, He gives us self-control to speak words that please the Father." We are to surrender every word to Him, guard our mouth and the words which come out of it.
If I had read yesterday morning what I read today, it would have given me a prediction of what I was going to face yesterday as I gave my Holy Land Tour presentation to the very first group of the day. It's difficult to explain the whole incident in a brief post, but suffice it to say that someone interpreted what I said in a way which led him to make an inappropriate comment to the group of about 50 people. My response was to clarify what I had said, and continue on. No one seemed to be offended or upset. About two hours later, the man who had made the comment, came back past my location, explained why he made the comment he did, apologized for it and hoped I was not offended. I hadn't even thought about the incident after it happened, but it was obvious he felt the need to explain his remark and have some confirmation that there were no "hard feelings" on my part. I think we both are okay with the result of our second meeting.
But the point of all this is that sometimes we speak before we think about the words we are going to use. We react without considering that words are powerful and once spoken are impossible to take back, and those words may lead to unintended consequences.
Uh oh.......I better close this post. We just had a mouse invasion. I went to get the mouse repellent and broke the lock on the storage bin. Karen is beginning the disinfecting procedure of the areas affected...... and we both need to practice what I just wrote about. In all of this.......God is still in control.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment