Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, July 16, 2016

July 16, 2016. Eureka Springs, AR. Testing What is Said

It's been a great experience being a presenter in The Holy Land here at the Great Passion Play. I have talked about Moses and his ministry of leading the Children of Israel out of their bondage in Egypt as recorded in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy by Moses himself. I have told the story as I knew it from my being raised as a Jew, and coming to Jesus at the age of 53. I intertwine my understanding of Judaism with my continuing growth as a Christ-follower, and try to relate to an audience of people who have mostly been raised in the church, know little about Judaism, having had no exposure to Judaism, as I had no exposure to The New Testament as a child.
It's interesting how many people think that because I was raised as a Jew I must have been born and raised in Israel. It's also interesting how much people expect me to know about Judaism and assume that I am a Biblical scholar or expert on the "Old Testament". It surprises them, and me, how often I say "I don't know" or "I don't remember anything like that", or "I'll have to look into that". I've enjoyed reading and re-reading what Moses wrote, exploring commentary on the Bible from both the Christian and Jewish perspective, and learning a lot from the people I have been presenting to. After reading, studying and testing what I have heard from others, I have been able to add some more elements to my presentation and challenged them to test what they hear from me. Scripture should be the final determinant about what is said, what we tell others and what we ultimately believe.
Be flexible, be teachable and be obedient to The Truth of God's Word and in all things be willing to be able to give up "the right to be right" and realize that our journey and growth is ongoing. My journey continues and there is so much more for this "completed Jew" to finish before I get to hear the "well done" I so wish to hear. Thank You, Lord for the journey so far. We press on.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment