Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, March 28, 2016

March 28, 2016. Madison, GA. Sick as a D.......

Oops. This being Bulldog country, it wouldn't be proper or mascot-correct to say that I was sick as a d-g, yesterday, but I was one sick puppy, nonetheless. What started out as a day to celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior, turned into a day of untold discomfort and a lot of Google-searching. It used to be so easy. You felt puny, you went to the doctor, he made you say aaahh, he gave you a pill or shot, sent you home and in a few days you were okay. Now with the advent of webMD and a host of other on-line doctors, we self diagnose, run to WalMart for over-the-counter medication, check our insurance for the emergency care which will be covered, check our bank balance and credit standing, consult friends who treat everything with herbs, oils or homeopathic remedies, go to sleep and pray that we either wake up here, or wake up with God.
That pretty well summarizes my day yesterday, except we never went to the doctor or emergency room or ventured out in the raining weather. We did celebrate Resurrection Sunday in church, but it was quickly back home, no Easter dinner for me, Jello water, a couple of saw palmetto capsules, a good day and night's sleep, and today I woke up pain-free, still in this temporary life, and ready to do what I normally do on Sunday afternoon, the weekly laundry. Karen did have Easter dinner with some co-workers and other guests, and brought home a plate of food which I may try to eat later today. But, I am thankful that many people were praying for my recovery, and I'm feeling so much better today, I am convinced, once again, that prayer works, but that I need to expand my upcoming visit to the VA doctors in Colorado and Wyoming to include my most recent episodes of puniness and.....yes....being sick as a dog. But most of all, I am thankful for God's answer to prayer and His being the ultimate physician and healer. Yes, He called some to be doctors, pharmacists, nurses, homeopaths and other medical professionals, but He is still the Great Physician and for that I say........Thank You, Lord.
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment