Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 3, 2014. Eureka Springs, AR. The customer is always right...........

In the mid-80's, after my brief bicycle racing career, Karen and I became part owners of a bicycle shop in Lakewood, Colorado. It turned out to be a bad experience, a financial disaster and something I realized I was not cut out to do. In so many areas of ownership and customer service I had no background, no patience and no aptitude. When a stubborn and obnoxious customer once told me that "the customer is always right" my tactless response to him was "yes, except when the customer is wrong". I couldn't get out of that business quick enough and have never had the slightest inclination to own another business again. Customer service is a talent which is inborn in some and foreign to others.
I never imagined that after that experience, and becoming a Christian in 1999, that God would put me in areas of ministry which would deal with peoples' problems, hurts and needs and that I would be in the volunteer work I am here at The Great Passion Play dealing with customer service and seeing that people are getting value for what they spend their entertainment dollars on. Karen is a natural at this type of service and always has been, but I am definitely out of my comfort zone. Every day is a challenge. Every day is an opportunity to grow in my faith, my tolerance for "wrong" customers and to be a witness to what I have been blessed with by a faithful, tolerant and giving Lord. The song which just played on the Gospel Station Network being broadcast in the main area of TGPP was "I'm glad God is in Control", and I can't think of a better way to wrap up this post. Thank You, Lord for allowing me to minister in areas that are not of my choosing and being the most understanding boss I could ever want. How Great Thou Art.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment