Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, July 10, 2014

July 10, 2014. Eureka Springs, AR. Hats

All of us wear a variety of hats in our daily activities and while it may not be an actual hat, cap or head covering, it is a means by which others can get an idea of what is important to us or how we want people to get an idea of who we are and what we stand for. On our journey since December, Karen and I have viewed our time as totally at the disposal and in the hands of Jesus. Here at TGPP I have a work hat which cites Revelation 22, and identifies me as a "River of Life Outfitter, Made for Eternity." When I transport customers on Play days, I wear my Great Passion Play logo hat, and in the evening I wear a costume hat which represents the characterI I am asked to play. When we go into the community, I wear my Vietnam Veteran hat, in every situation I am questioned about my "hat" and the conversations are always different and revealing.
As Christ followers we must realize and accept the fact that everything we say or do has an impact on others. The book of James is full of words which tell us how to act, how to react and how to be true to the belief and faith we have in Jesus Christ. Like so any other Scriptural directives, we see how tough it is to be a genuine, humble, sincere and non-hypocritical Christian. When we put on the "hat" be sure we know what it "says" and that we are honest in acting in accordance with it. We bear a big responsibility. We're more than a fan of our favorite sports team or telling people where we spent our last vacation. We are an advertisement for what we stand for, Who we stand for and what we hope others will want to join us in.
Thank You, Lord, for accepting me into your family, allowing me to serve You in a multitude of ways and hopefully be an honest and sincere messenger of Your Word and Your presence in and through me. May I be true to the hats You have asked me to wear.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment