Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, July 19, 2014

July 19, 2014. Eureka Springs, AR. Chiggers 1, Hal 0

We have had a gorgeous week here at TGPP. The weather has been unseasonably cool and the humidity has been Colorado-ish. We were threatened with a blast of rain Thursday, but it stood still to our west and then divided and went around us with little more than a sprinkle as the Play ended. We have been blessed. But in one area I have come out on the short end of the scoreboard: Chiggers.
I've blogged a few times about the critters we have encountered on our journey, but for the moment the chiggers have the upper hand and I am doing everything in my power to even the score and eventually claim victory. I woke the other morning to a horrendous sight in an area that even a Speedo could not cover (NO picture with this post). The number of bites was astronomical. The few remedies I had on hand were no match for the itch and it became necessary to bombard the internet and the pharmacy for assistance. I even prayed while being healed of leprosy in the Play last night that Jesus would extended the healing to the chigger bites, but it didn't work.
My allies right now are Calamine Lotion, Epsom Salts, Dermoplast, Lotrimin, Hydrocortisone, Triple Antibiotic, Chiggerex 2X power, Gold Bond Medicated Extra Strength Body Powder, Oatmeal Soap, and prayers for will power and self-control. I'm going to trim my nails and run around the motor home with a minimum of garments below the waist. I'm not too concerned about drug interactions at this point. Any suggestions would be appreciated and put into immediate use. This is a battle I need to win, and soon. We are expecting temperatures in the mid-to-high 90's next week and that will require an itch-free environment. We all have questions we hope to get answers to in Heaven............Chiggers? Why, Lord?

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment