Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, December 31, 2021

December 31, 2021. Holiday Island, AR. Out With The Old And The New…….

….In with The Old and The New. Confused? For the past 24, or so, years, I have read the Bible from start to finish each year. That means, on December 31, I read the entire Book of Malachi and Chapter 22 of Revelation, thus completing both the Old and New Testaments. Tomorrow I will start over again with Genesis and Matthew and make another journey through the Old and New Testaments.
No matter how many times I read Scriptures, the passages sometimes reveal something new to me. If my mind wanders, I may see the words but not really read them or absorb them, and sometimes a list of names may be scanned rather than read or "injested" making the passage new when I read it with my mind fully committed to it.
Even when doing the Passion Play for about 600 times, there are nights when I "see or hear" something I haven't "seen or heard before". His mercies are new every day.
The passage from December to January Is not really an occasion I celebrate as many people do. Tomorrow is just another day and 2022 is just another year. Every day has its high and low moments as does each year have its ups and downs. It's all in God's hands, and the number of days and years we are given are under His control. I pray God's love for us continues as it always has, and that our days, weeks, months and years will be spent in serving Him, advancing His Kingdom, and being faithful servants and good stewards of all He has provided us with.
As for the present……….have a joyous and happy day.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment