Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, November 27, 2020

November 27, 2020. Holiday Island, AR. New Tricks

I wrote a while back about how it was always hard for me, as I got older, to try to learn a new skill or tackle a problem when I had no past experience with that problem. For some reason, I have a different attitude now. I look forward to trying to find a way to resolve the issue without looking for help. I'm finding that there are many helps for the DIY'er on Google, You Tube or a number of other internet resources. In many cases the cure is not all that difficult and with a hardware store within two miles, there are resources at my disposal once a I know what I actually need.
That doesn't mean I am ready to tackle vehicle repairs or put a new roof on the cabin or try to tackle the plumbing or electrical issues which we have, but there are tasks which I can undertake and there is a degree of satisfaction, even fun, in "fixing it myself". I have come a long way over the past seven years with the RV, the past six months in the cabin, working with Marvin, Hugh and Brian in Georgia, coworkers like James, Jerry, Joe and Kent and a host of other volunteers at the Passion Play who have taught me skills and the confidence to use them.
New tricks for a getting-older dog. That's what it has become and I have overcome some of the fear which for years kept me from trying to do anything more than look in the phone book for a "professional" to fix the problem. We do have a list of such people, and we are thankful for them. But, a lot of things are not "rocket science" and part of getting along is to understand when something is a "mountain" and when it is a "mole hole" and acting accordingly. Thank You,Lord, for helping me navigate the difference and being with me when I do put my toes into the "Jordan".

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment