Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

November 18, 2020. Holiday Island, AR. My Get Up and Go, Got Up and Went

Boy, did I hit the wall this afternoon. I have been on leaf patrol at the cabin the past few weeks and yesterday I really got at it. I also decided to make a "border" for the driveway into our property and dragged some 4 or 5 inch downed trees out of the woods for that purpose. I needed quite a few trees and by the time I finished with the leaf raking and burning I was happy with the results of my effort, but must have "overdone" it.
Today, I started out strong, but after doing some Passion Play chores and raking and burning leaves in The Holy Land, I realized that I was worn out, and decided to go back to the cabin......accepting the fact that this soon-to-be 75 year old body isn't what it used to be. The fact that I have a bad rotator cuff, in need of repair, plays into this picture in a big way. I know I need to scale back on my activity, but can't put it into practice. Type-A people are like that. After a shower, supper, and a long email to a former high school classmate, I feel better and glad for the prop-up adjustable bed I have been propped up on for more than an hour. In a few hours, I'll be back in a less propped up adjustable bed,hoping for a good night's rest.....and no leg cramps. Oh the joys of the (g)olden years.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment: