Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

November 24, 2020. Holiday Island, AR. Ready, Get Set........

Things are falling into place for my shoulder to be repaired. When I hurt my shoulder last year, I did not want to undergo surgery and the rehab program, so I went through some physical therapy and endured the pain and several "reinjuries". But now I am of the mind, to get in shape to have it repaired.
With my "diet of the past three months, my bloodwork looked better. I met the VA Orthopedic Doctor, had xrays, got my Flu Shot, will have a new MRI, see the surgeon and visit my Primary Care Doctor by phone and all should be completed by December 10. If all thumbs are up, I hope to have a surgery date set and with my exercise program at the local fitness center going well, I should be ready for rehab and return to "feeling strong, Don Pardo".
It's good to look ahead, although not too far ahead, because there are no guarantees of what even the next minute will bring our way. I think of the Parable of the Rich Fool related in Chapter 12 of Luke's Gospel and God's response to the big barn plans of the farmer, or the plans of the man in James, chapter 4, to go somewhere and do some business of his own choosing. God reigned them both in, telling them to be in the will of God when we look to the future. In everything, get ready, get set.......but let the GO, and the timing of it, be GOD's decision. Wait, patiently wait; trust, hopefully trust; rest, peacefully rest. LORD.......YOUR WILL BE DONE.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Men plan, God chuckles.

    Susan and I will continue praying for your complete healing and full restoration of your amazing endurance.

    Happy Thanksgiving. We have nothing in common with our family members anymore, so we're doing Thanksgiving just us and our puppies. Hope y'all enjoy this time and don't get lost in the kitchen.

    Thanks again for the translation-

    ReplyDelete