Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, November 21, 2020

November 21, 2020. Holiday Island, AR. For a Donation of Only.........

Stop !! I don't want to hear any more. It's that time of the year when everyone is on the prowl for funds to end the year on a "high note" and needing funds to expand operations for the coming year when new projects are on the table and more people must be reached. Matching funds are set to run out "in a few days" and we are being stroked about how important we are to the success of THEIR organization or ministry effort.
I've always been a proponent of giving to organizations which help with medical, poverty, disaster or humanitarian issues and will not hound me to give more or more often. I do not want to get "thank you" calls or "cold" calls for Eugenia or from people who can't pronounce my name and won't stop talking when I say NO. I can't listen to Christian Radio because everyone is selling a new book, promoting a new DVD or a new bible study system " for a donation of only.......". Unfortunately, we volunteer for a ministry which is very much in line with all the others who need money and are not bashful about asking for it. I donate to this ministry by designating money for use on a specific project only, and not for any general fund, retire the debt fund or have my money " matched" fund. I am not the most popular person with the Great Passion Play's hierarchy, but we didn't come here seven years ago to serve them, we came to serve GOD, and that's what we do.
I probably said too much. But.........what else is new? Thank You, Lord.......for Free Will.......and, above all, Your Will Be Done.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. You haven't said too much, as far as I am concerned. A lot of money going to simply silly projects, while important things are left at the curb. Maybe I've said too much, oh well...

    ReplyDelete