Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, August 29, 2019

August 29, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. Thank You, Colorado---Thank You, Lord

Forty-seven years ago, I was a divorced Vietnam Veteran with a law degree. I had passed the Virginia State Bar, but had no desire to practice law and no desire to stay in the Washington, D.C. area. I headed west with no firm plans, no money, no debt and no friends. When my British racing green Triumph Spitfire broke down in Denver, I needed a job to pay for the repairs. Little did I know at the time what lay before me.
Yesterday, Karen and I cut the cord which tied us to Colorado. No......not a divorce; We sold the house we had owned in Fort Collins for 21 years, and are no longer Colorado residents.
Our house, for the moment, is the motor home we have lived in since December, 2013. Arkansas will probably be our home, unless...........
Karen was born and raised in Colorado, with a detour to Utah, before we met in Colorado in 1972. Our life together in Colorado, with a detour to Oklahoma, has been a wonderful and varied adventure. So much happened to us and with us over our 45 years marriage and Colorado was the scene of a lot of it. We traveled, we made friends. In 1999, Jesus found us and we found Him in the house we just sold, and we have served Him wholeheartedly and serve Him wholeheartedly to this day and are grateful for the path He has led us on and the part Colorado played in the journey. It is with mixed emotions that we did what we did, but the relative ease of the whole "transaction" makes us believe we had God's hand holding ours during the whole process.
What lies ahead.......only God knows.....and He hasn't revealed the plan to us yet. And so, we thank Colorado for all it provided, and we thank God for all He provided and we will press on to whatever.......wherever.......whenever......trusting Who we do, for His Glory and His Eternal Kingdom. I think that's a tear I feel running down my cheek.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Are you Arkansasans now?
    Glad you are freed up from your house?
    I felt lost when my Dad left the Air Force in 1974, I was 18 and in college. I had always relied on his having a job and us having a place to live and it seemed unsettling not having that assurance; it all worked out;
    I spent nearly my whole career either commission sales or self-employed consultant; nothing was ever "for sure".
    Enjoy it, miss you guys...

    ReplyDelete