Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, August 2, 2019

August 2, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. August

August marks the beginning of the slide down the hill, passing the midpoint of the season and the need to summon up the physical and emotional strength to finish strong. We will still have summer vacationers visiting us, young people about to return to school and many of our cast members leaving to return to college or their high school schedules and extra-curricular activities. There will be only 12 performance days in August, so a less intense schedule, but a time when anticipated hot and humid weather makes each day a challenge.
We watch the weather closely, consult the radar often and are prepared for just about anything in respect to attendance or staffing issues. Flexibility is the key and patience needed more than usual. Finish strong and give everyone something they will remember in a positive way. "Kind words and a smile cover a multitude of tiredness." I just made that line up.....never said it before.....but a phrase well worth putting into practice, and one well worth ME practicing.
At last count, a week or so ago, I had over 770 posts to our Ministry of Miles website and have enjoyed sitting down, writing my thoughts on topics serious and stupid, incisive and insipid, earth-shattering and moan-producing. It's always interesting to me what tickles my fancy or gets under my skin and comes out in words. I hope it has been fun for you......it has been a joy for me..........I have NO plans for a book.



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment