Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, August 23, 2019

August 23, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. Chigger Update

I've been pretty quiet about the chigger situation this year. It has been another banner year for the little buggers, but I have managed to prevail without investing vast sums of money in additional medical remedies. I have used some of the old standbys, and added a few new ones to the mix. I still am a mass of welts, but have been able to minimize the itch discomfort by using cheap 91% isopropyl alcohol, inexpensive Suave sweet pea and violet anti-perspirant directly on the bites, as well as spraying legs and feet with last year's Deep Woods Off a few times per day.
Before each Play performance there is a lot of spraying going on in our dressing room and there is no lack of "cures" which have limited to no success. The placebo effect is very evident as most people are pretty welted up, and that's just in the areas we can see. I think my greatest success has come from the "boxers instead of briefs" regimen and stretching my sleeveless A-shirts so they are not so form fitting. Loose clothing seems to work.
It looks like we are expecting cooler and wetter weather for the end of August. Whether that's good news or bad news on the chigger front, I don't know. But, we press on, resist the urge to scratch as best we can, and listen for some other cure-all which may or not be the "be-all-and-end-all" for the problem. Have you heard about............

Sent from my iPad

1 comment: