Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, July 27, 2019

July 27, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. A Day Off

There's always something which needs to be done here at the Passion Play. To have a day off is a rarity and I came about as close to having one today even though my "time sheet" will still show five or six hours of work. This is our last week of four performances, so our load does lighten after eight weeks of four-a-week performance days. We are some pooped puppies.
Today I had a few early morning clean-up chores, a two hour Tabernacle teaching for 40 people, cleaning up trash and pulling weeds in the Amphitheater and then a brief visit to my newest favorite donkey, Ruthie, in the Holy Land and the past two hours of sitting and relaxing in the motor home. In another two hours I will head down to the set for the evening Play performance. It really wasn't a day off, but it really felt like one in comparison to a normal work day.
Since we are "in the public eye" and "entertainment field" it takes a different attitude than many jobs I have had in the past. Plus, we are messengers, ministers and ambassadors for Jesus and that is a full-time-no days off effort and one not to be compromised. To be able to get behind closed doors, not be a "Moses", not be presenting, not listening to the stories and issues of others, is a time to refresh, renew one's strength and enthusiasm; have some time to "be in the Word" and be able to listen for God's voice and His guidance. Even a couple of minutes of such quiet can be a tremendous boost for me; an hour or two.....an indescribable blessing.
It may not have been a literal day off.......but it has been a day off, nonetheless. I feel like I've been on a week's vacation (not that we have ever really had one). My aching body has been rejuvenated . Amazing !!! Thank You, Lord.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment