Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, July 18, 2019

July 18, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. What Did You Say?

My memory has been good for some things and pretty poor for others. I have a lot of trivia-type knowledge, can do crossword puzzles, even the tough one, because my vocabulary is quite extensive and can recall obscure things I have read over the years. But when it comes to remembering what I have said, sometimes I can't repeat the last words which came out of my mouth.
Because of this, I never pursued the law career I was planning after completing Law School and passing the Virginia State Bar. A lawyer who can't remember what he says is not one anyone would want to defend him in court. And so I had to find other ways to earn a living and support Karen and myself the past 45 years. Fortunately we have done okay, and God has played a MAJOR role in that.
Now, I find myself presenting information to our Passion Play visitors. I teach about Moses' Tabernacle in the Wilderness, talk about Bethlehem where Jesus was born, the Upper Room where Jesus and His disciples celebrated the "Last Supper", and a host of other subjects from the Old and New Testament, and I have to listen to myself as I present, so that I can remember what I have said in case I am asked to repeat or explain what I have just said. Maybe, just maybe, I have overcome the problem which kept me from practicing law. But when I face the reality that I sometimes have difficulty staying awake during the sermon at church, or I see people starting to nod off during my own presentations, I still have a long way to go in being all God has called me to be. At least, if I want to know what I just blogged, I can always read it again.
What did I just say?









Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment