Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

July 24, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?

That seems to be one of the most common questions we were asked as we went through school and made plans for our future. It's also one of the most common questions we ask young people we meet when we don't know what else to say to them. Of course, every boy wants to a fireman, a Major League Baseball player or the President of the UnIted States. Every girl aspires to be an astronaut, a doctor or the first woman President of the United States.
I had dreams of being a musician, a baseball player, a translator at the United Nations, a millionaire, and retired, by age 50. My parents wanted me to be a Rabbi. I think my first Rabbi wanted me to be a Rabbi. I have played music, on and off my whole life, tried out for two professional baseball teams, studied Russian in high school and college but I never "made it" in those fields. I may have made $1,000,000 in my life, but I certainly didn't keep much of it, and at 50 I was still working and not thrilled with what I was doing.
But in 1999, just over 20 years ago, I came to faith in Jesus, and began what was a new journey toward what I wanted to be when I grew up. I'm still trying to find what the ultimate goal is, but I have given up trying to make that decision myself. God will reveal it when the time is right. I would never have dreamed we would be in Arkansas, volunteering at The Great PassionPlay for our sixth season and happy living in a 40'x11' motor home and about to be without a regular house with a street address for the first time in over 40 years.
Yes.........God has the plan........when the time is right...........

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment