Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

October 16, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. Liking What You Do

Most of us are not born into wealth and an instant path to prosperity. We can't just take over the successful family business, sit back with our feet on the desk and watch the money continue to pour in. For most, we have to decide what we want to do, get the required education or training, go through the hiring process, work our way up the ladder and, if we are fortunate, not get fired, downsized or lose interest and quit.
I have always been envious of those who found their niche in the work world and were able to retire many years later with more than a gold watch and a handshake. I have not been that fortunate, having jumped from job to job, never really finding the job which made me want to get up each day and enthusiastically go to work. The closest I ever came was when I was trying to make money racing bicycles. I loved the training, the freedom of being on my own on the open road and the physical conditioning I had attained. Unfortunately I never earned a cent, and when I hit the pavement or that car hit me, it resulted in serious injury, pain, two long periods of rehab and ultimately, retirement and a long period of depression.
But, when I came to faith in Jesus, along with it came ministry opportunities which expanded my areas of interest and service, and in almost every instance I enjoyed what I was asked to do, seemed to be making an impact, helped others, learned new skills, and grew stronger in my faith. It hasn't all been "rosy" and at one time Karen and I were hurt badly. But, we did come to understand what had happened, and why, and have moved on to what have been rewarding service opportunities since then.
The key seems to be trusting God to guide us where He is at work and joining Him there, offering ourselves to serve Him however He calls, and getting up each day with the willingness to do even the most menial task as if it is the most valuable task there is, and allowing others to do the same with the tasks which they have been guided to do. Serving God, not man, but serving man as God directs, and ultimately......liking what you do......and keep doing it. So no matter what we face, we press on, look ahead to a better tomorrow and whether it be here, there, or in the air, trust Him to meet us There. Thank You, Lord.





Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment