Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

October 10, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. Off the Clock

Too many times in life we are beholden to the clock, to time limits and to a rigid schedule. Our jobs require us to be ready to work at a specific time, lunch must be eaten within a fixed span, and we must clock out to avoid the possibility of overtime pay. Businesses have fixed hours of operations, airlines have strict departure times and traffic patterns in some cities are altered due to rush hour demands. And yet, there are times when time is not a factor. We don't have to be someplace exactly on time and we can lolligag or coast down the hill in neutral and not worry about putting another coin in the parking meter or "get a move on it".
At these times, when time doesn't matter, life takes on a different flavor and there is a feeling of calm, lack of pressure, and a joy to being alive. We don't need to come up with an excuse for having to leave what we are doing, to rush home, or to cut short the moment because we are tired or even bored with what is going on. We are comfortable with what is happening and who we are with, or are just enjoying the fact that we are content and at ease with the situation we are in.
While I wasn't "into" the Peaceful Easy Feeling" of the Eagles in the early '70's, the calm of the melody of that song resonates with me now and I enjoy the peaceful, easy feeling that I have when I can be off the clock, work on projects at my own pace and as my energy level permits, get up early and enjoy the quiet of the predawn day, or just sit in my comfy chair and sew my plastic canvas crosses. A slower pace....comfortable in my skin.....petting a donkey......listening to God......
Life is Good.........Thank You, Lord.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment