Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, March 4, 2018

March 4, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. Endurance

I'm sure I've written about "endurance" before, but as I was spending my third straight day raking and hauling or burning leaves on the Passion Play set, it occurred to me that our lives are characterized by the things we do, the passion we have for what we do, and the time we spend doing it. Karen and I are both "work at it 'til we drop" type people and if it needs to get done, we do our best to get in done, not only right, but as fast as possible, so we can move on to the next need which needs to get done.
I look back at my own life, and realize that I have always been "into" endurance-type activity. Whether it was music, sports, law school ultra-sports, benevolence ministry, volunteer ministry the past four years, marriage, abandoning to Jesus, morning quiet time, journaling, Cross sewing, blogging or a host of other "addictions", I have been into most things for the long haul and I like to finish what I commit to and usually commit to things which are marathon-like rather than sprint-like activities.
Karen has a similar sticktoitiveness, and will work long hours to see the task to it's completion. As a friend, she is the most loyal, as a worker she is the most precise, as a vehicle driver she is relentless, and as a listener, caregiver and confidante she is unequalled. She has endured what most people would walk away from and has been the the reason we have been able to be on the road the past four-plus years, because I wasn't given the gift of motor home driver which she excels at.
So we endure, we press on in service to The Lord with the giftings he has given us. We trust Him for everything and He has blessed us beyond what we could have ever imagined. We're in It to the end He has for us, whenever, wherever and however that may be. And as always.....Thank You, Lord.



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment