Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

March 13, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. One Of Those Days

Last night I slept as soundly I have in months and when Karen awakened me at 6am, I thought it was much later, DST and all. But she woke me because our bathroom floor had become an indoor swimming pool. We had run water overnight because we anticipated sub-freezing weather and didn't want our water system to freeze up. Unfortunately, I neglected to open the grey water tank valve, and our grey tank filled up, backed up into our shower and it overflowed onto the bathroom carpet.
Not only was our bathroom flooded, four bins down below had standing water and while we didn't lose much, it was the extra work which started my day on an unexpected note. Even with the windows open, heaters running and DampRid all around the bathroom area, we still have a damp carpet, and moist throw rugs and a runner which will need to be put in the sun again tomorrow.
I wasn't able to complete a project on the PP set because of a problem with the previously-mentioned Massey-Ferguson tractor and had to wrap it up with a good-old-fashioned shovel, bow rake and muscle power. When I sat down to blog three hours ago, I pushed a wrong button and ended up with only the last paragraph of what I had written. So, I try again. Same subject, but different words, and the hope that this post will "preach". The message is still the same. Things don't always go as we plan, but God has us covered, and with Him beside us, leading the way and watching our back, we are still blessed, and blessed abundantly.
We're expecting sub freezing weather again tonight, so I will make sure the grey tank valve is open, pray for another sound sleep and look forward to the next week of warm daytime temperatures and nighttime temps well into the 40's and above. Thank You, Lord for one of those days to be thankful, grateful and obedient.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment