Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, March 10, 2018

March 10, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. Full Circle

In 1999, a week after I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, I attended a church picnic in a city park near our church building. There were all kinds of food, refreshments, games, music and other activities. One thing made a deep impression on me. It wasn't the horse drawn wagon carrying excited young people and their parents, but rather the smiling man, about my age, walking behind the wagon with shovel and a bucket, undoing what the horse was doing on the pavement. When I found out that the "picker-upper" was Don Massey, a deacon of the church, my thought and comment was, "that's the kind of servant/leader I want to be as a Christian".
Karen and I have served in many behind (pun intended) the scenes ministries and have found some of them to be the most rewarding. This past week at the Passion Play we needed to plant 7 full-sized trees in holes which had been dug on our play set on Calvary, in the Holy Land Marketplace and in our petting zoo. One of the tasks to be done, to properly plant the trees, was
to deliver manure from our barn to the trees. The tractor to be used was a MASSEY-Ferguson which I have been using the past few years for various tasks on the PP property. And so, the task of "manure man" became mine" and I'm sure my smile was as wide as Don's was that day nearly 19 years ago.
You never know when a statement you make will come full circle back to you again. Strive to be a person of integrity. Let your yes be yes and your no be no. Take responsibility for your actions and pick up your messes and put them in the proper place so that something good will grow out of what you have done. Thank you Don........and Thank You, Lord.

Sent frozen my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment