Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7, 2015. Madison, GA. Turn Over a New Leaf

I spent another full day gathering leaves on the Source of Light grounds. I can't believe how much effort it takes to keep up with the uncountable number of leaves which are falling from the uncountable number of trees on the Mission property. I miss Ron, my leaf gathering partner from last year and unfortunately, no one has stepped forward to take his place and be my leaf buddy.
But, fortunately, Marvin has made repairs to the mower-leaf rake combo machine and it has allowed me to mow, mulch and pick up more leaves quicker and deposit them in the area we have for them, and do so more efficiently than last year. But, the leaves just seem to keep coming......down. Most of the trees are almost bare, so I think I am finally getting the upper hand. Tomorrow we are leaving (pun intended) for the day and will run some errands in Augusta and then return for print shop and leaf duties the end of the week.
It has been good to be able to work outside. The weather has been good, no snow, and only one night close to freezing, so I can't really complain; other than trying to understand why trees which are so gorgeous in the spring and summer when the leaves are green and full, turn to multiple colors in the early fall and then fall down for us to rake and collect. Someday, we'll understand the reason, but for now, just get 'er done.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment