Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December 1, 2015. Madison, GA. Four Days Off

It was nice to have a four day break from my "work" at Source of Light. Karen has been under the weather with something she brought from Arkansas that was compounded by something that has been making the rounds here so she has been "down" for over two weeks. With only two television stations, and those dependent on the weather conditions, she has been reading a lot, watching a bunch of DVD's and catching a lot of daytime zzzz's. She is doing better and ready to get back to her duties, but at a less than energizer bunny pace.
I just wanted to let my body get some relief from the almost constant activity of the past two years on the road. I didn't really appreciate how pooped I was until I made a conscious effort to do nothing, or as close to nothing as I could. When I did go back to leaf patrol yesterday, it was nice to finish the day and realize that I wasn't exhausted. The break had been worthwhile.
Karen and I have enjoyed our volunteer roles in the church and as on-the-road ministers, and have always been willing to help where needed, but we both know that we can sometimes overdo it, and rest and time off needs to be part of the equation of our life. Hopefully, we can get Karen back to feeling good, and me more rested and free from the aches and pains of physical labor. We're so blessed to be able to do what we are doing, have the freedom to travel or not travel and serve where we have been serving. We have made some wonderful friends, matured in our faith and been able to minister and be ministered to in ways we would never have imagined when we set out from Fort Collins nearly two years ago. What a journey God has orchestrated for us. Thank You, Lord

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment