Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, December 4, 2015

December 4, 2015. Madison, GA. 12345

I have an easy birthday to remember......12345......December 3, 1945. I've never been very much of a proponent of "celebrating" holidays, like Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, wedding anniversaries or birthdays, while I do make a point of observing Memorial Day, Veterans Day and prominent historical events. But yesterday a lot of people wished me a Happy 70th Birthday with texts, cards, calls, singing, and invites to a meal.
When people ask me what my birthday is, I always respond "12345" and say there is no excuse to ever forget my birthday even though most people I know do forget it. I had a law school friend who knew my birthday, but for the years I knew him always gave me a card on January 23, with the comment that, after all, it was still 12345, just 1-23-45, instead of 12-3-45.
I did have a wonderful birthday, though. It is amazing to me that I am now 70 and still not old enough to play softball with The Kids and Kubs in the Tampa Bay, Florida area. Still have five years to go to be able to do that, but will probably decline that " profession" since it's been about 20 years since I last played ball. A pulled hamstring convinced me that my softball days needed to come to an end then.
In any event, yesterday was fun. Living this long has been fun and I think there are still things on God's agenda for us, so we will carry on and heed the call. And, by the way, if you didn't remember my birthday, or didn't know when my birthday was.......there's always January 23rd.




Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment