Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, December 19, 2015

December 19, 2015. Madison, GA. Thank You

Every morning, like clockwork, and usually without the benefit of a clock, I wake up around 5:30, turn off my CPAP machine, take out my earplugs, check to make sure the parts of my body which need to function are still functioning and begin the new day in a fairly similar way to what I have done every other day, I mostly take for granted that I have things to do and the ability to do them. I mostly take for granted that I have clothes to wear, food to eat, senses to sense with, money to buy the things we need and the health and strength to do what I want to do each day.
And yet, as I look around me, listen to the news, spend quiet time with God, or pray with a group of fellow workers, I realize more and more that I have a lot to be thankful for and that my life, while not always easy, is made easier and more joyful by the grace of God and His many blessings. While I may not always act like I'm thankful, I AM THANKFUL. My selfish streak often becomes a burden for others to bear and it amazes me sometimes that anyone wants anything to do with me or my moods, attitude or curmudgeon-i-ness. I'm convinced that because people love Karen so much, they put up with me as part of the baggage she has to carry. I am thankful for her and all she has endured the past 40 plus years we have been together. I'm glad she won the five hour dominoes game last night, was able to sleep in a little longer this morning, that I came in sixth in the game, was up at 5:30, able to look at life on a beautiful Saturday morning and say thank You to God who gave so much for us and continues to give us all we need and much of what we want, as well. Yes, I am thankful. THANK YOU, LORD.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment