Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, March 27, 2015

March 27, 2015. Madison, GA. I Remember.........

When I came to The Lord in 1999, it seemed that God was expanding the areas In which I was spending my time into activities I had never been in or activities that I had been involved in many years before. One of the areas was drama. I began participating in the Weekend Drama Ministry, the Passion Play Ministry and the Christian Drama Outreach. Each required learning acting techniques, getting into a character's "motivation" and memorizing lines.
I have never had a great memory and part of the fear of getting up in front of an audience is that all the effort put into learning lines will be lost when stage fright or a lapse in concentration causes the lines to be forgotten or misspoken. After a while it became easier to perform and it was actually fun to play different roles and become another person for a while. But sometime in 2007 or 2008, I can't remember when, my acting career took a definite downturn when I could not learn my lines for a Christmas presentation and needed to be prompted continuously during the entire performance. The joy was gone, fear replaced confidence and I stepped out of the "light" unless I had a written script I could refer to or the lines were flashed on the back wall for me to read.
I did a few made-for-tv episodes, a dvd about the faith of George Bush, the entire 2014 Great Passion Play season, but all were roles where there was no speaking or the lines could be read or "mouthed" from a recorded script. Tomorrow and Sunday I will be part of the Passion Play at Centennial Baptist Church in Rutledge, GA and will have a number of "live" lines as a Pharisee. The one and only rehearsal was this past Wednesday and I had been given the script a week before that. I thought I knew the lines, but I was mistaken and needed to use the back wall crutch extensively. Tomorrow and Sunday night we present the play and although I am more confident, I am not close to being confident. Drama is one of the ways we preach the Gospel to those who don't know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. I do remember the joy of the years I spent in drama ministries and I know that this will be another opportunity to feel God's voice coming through my mouth with the correct words and voice inflection for this time of "preaching" Jesus. I look forward to the next two days without wishing away today. Break a leg, everyone.........for The Lord.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment