Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

March 11, 2015. Jacksonville , FL. One Day Closer

A lot of things occur in our life each day. We are bombarded with sound, temptations and the lure of material things, we have family obligations, job responsibilities, household chores, weather variations to contend with and adapt to. There are multiple decisions to make, some minor, and some life-altering. In every second we don't ever know if there will be a second after that of life on this earth, or will our life as we know it end in an instant. The certainty of this moment is set against the total uncertainty of the next.
I'm not trying to negative or fatalistic, just facing the reality of an uncertain life and a certain death. We all were born with one certainty: eventually we will all die and face a future we have the ability to partially determine by the choice of Who we believe in and how we follow Him. Each day that we awake, we are one day closer to the end of our life as we now know it. Scripture tells us that we can make all kinds of plans, decide what WE want to do, but the ultimate decision is not ours, but in the hands of our Heavenly Father. Each decision we make, if guided by The Holy Spirit, honoring and glorifying God and prayed over in the Name of Jesus Christ will make our life more peaceful, more Christ-like and be a blessing to others as well as ourself.
Live each day as if it is our last, treasure what we have been given and who we have as our friends and family, and rest in the God of Peace and the Peace of God. As I realize when I write this blog, I don't really know how many people are reading it, but I am writing words which I pray are making a difference, if not for others, then in my life and how I live it. I've said it many times, but it rings true: look in the mirror, Hal, and what you are "preaching" to others, let it be a lesson for me to hear and be obedient to. And if others are reading, I hope you will hold me to the words I am writing. Thank you, and Thank You, Lord.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment