Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, March 1, 2015

March 1, 2015. NAS JAX, Jacksonville, FL. Moving Day

This morning the wind was howling off the St Johns (no ') River at Naval Station Mayport and it was misting where yesterday it was raining pretty heavily. We pulled in our "wings", battened down the hatches and headed south and west to our present location on the St Johns, now to the east of us rather than the north. And, there is no wind. The silence is deafening after the noise we had at Mayport for most of our two weeks there. We anticipate there will be the drone of P3's and jet fighters to replace the sound of the wind. For now it sounds pretty good to hear no sounds.
> Our stay at Mayport and now at NAS JAX are the first since last April that we have been on a military base. It's different to be in this environment with a blend of young military people, staying in the RV area with older military retirees, disabled vets or DOD personnel. I have a mix of emotions seeing young people serving our country, their whole lives ahead of them and then realizing that those of us in the RV parks are in our late '60's and beyond, have had either full military careers and/or full civilian careers, yet each impacted physically, emotionally, financially or otherwise by some length of military service. When the bugle sounds on these military posts as the colors are raised in the morning and lowered in the evening, Karen and I stand at attention, in respect for our flag, for our country and for those who serve and have served. To me there is a lot of emotion, as I think of my own time in the Army, my life altered by being drafted into service, remembering those with whom I served and the fact that many are no longer alive.
Yes, today was moving day, but each day is a moving day, as I think of our Ministry of Miles journey and the journey we are on serving our Lord and Savior. A coin I received from the Military Chaplin at Source of Light says it all: "Thousands died for My Freedom.....One died for My Soul." Yes, today has been a reflective, moving, moving day.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment