Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, July 17, 2021

July 17, 2021. Eureka Springs, AR. Rollercoasters

Growing up, I was never a fan of rollercoaster rides. After Vietnam and many hours flying in helicopters, I became even less of a fan of rollercoasters. When our great nieces and nephews wanted someone to accompany them on the amusement park rides in Denver, I "pleaded the fifth". No way was I going to do it.
Life is sometimes a rollercoaster ride, and this week has been a doozy. Tuesday and Wednesday we were at the VA in Fayetteville for my colonoscopy. The prep of 192 ounces of liquid was nasty, the Covid test was a pain in the nose and then all went well, with a good outcome and nothing further needed for 8-10 years. Praise God.
Yesterday and today had rollercoaster weather; the teaching at the Tabernacle and Holy Land was emotionally draining, but very enjoyable with nice people and "deep" questions requiring a lot of thought and listening more than my talking and "opining". Right now, I am sitting under a tree, by myself and just putting my words on paper, so to speak, and getting in the mood for tonight's Play performance.
Thank You, Lord for guiding us through the events of the past week, for giving me perspective on what we do, why we do it and what You have for our future. I needed this "break", this time away from "the crowd", knowing that my words are a comfort to me, but may also speak to someone reading them, and be a comfort to them as well. Thank You, Lord.

Sent from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Thumbs up! Great reflection - thank you, "Moisha!" I often sit outside, by myself, thinking, reading the Word or Christian non-fiction, reflecting, while Dorothy is busy crafting and such. I don't believe I can leave a picture or emoji so will just have to say "Thumbs up" for your posts, meaning thank you and I look forward to more, as your time permits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it can be a very draining job. We greatly appreciate the sacrifices that people like you make by volunteering to teach us more. We really enjoyed your Tabernacle teaching and talking with you later in the day.

    ReplyDelete