Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

July 14, 2021. Holiday Island, AR. Thank You For Your Service

When Karen and I see a person wearing a military cap, we make a point of thanking them for their service to our country. Many people extend their appreciation to me when I wear my Vietnam Veteran cap. For a long time, that was not always the case, since our involvement in Southeast Asia polarized our country and made us "enemies", "baby killers" or other derogatory characters when we came back from serving.
The VA Medical System has been a blessing to me as my main source of medical care. Because of Agent Orange exposure, I have been in the VA system since 2009 after my heart attack the previous year. While some people have had problems with the VA, we have been treated like Medal of Honor recipients and always tell people about the wonderful way we were treated in Colorado, Wyoming and for the past eight years in Arkansas. Because of my disability rating, we have been well provided for and are financially able to volunteer our time for the past 12 years to serve Christian ministries and other charities we have a heart for. For all this, we say Thank You, Department of Veterans Affairs for your service, and Thank You, Lord.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment