Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

March 23, 2021. Holiday Island, AR. Relax

Part of my therapy after shoulder surgery has been to try to relax, go slow, use my right arm little, or not at all, and when I do use it, or have it used for me, to not resist the therapist or Karen, who are bearing the weight of the arm while I try to relax. I'm not accustomed to that kind of way of using my arm, so it has been a learning process which will have to be learned and applied for a while, until the repair work done in my shoulder is healed and strong enough to not be susceptible to further injury.
My normal activity would have me helping prepare for the Passion Play opening, raking, hauling, lifting, involved in building projects, getting my legs in shape for the "hills" and being outside and active, not indoors doing basic range-of-motion movements and watching others do my chores for me. But, this is how it is and for the moment, I must......Relax.
A lot of our friends, family and co-workers are going through medical procedures, physical issues and sickness and in a slower-paced mode, as well. For many of them it has been painful, persistent and discouraging. I can appreciate, more now, how they feel and how they have felt for a lot longer than I have. Empathy has not always been my strong suit, but I am learning what that means and trying to uplift and encourage others in their situation as they uplift and encourage me in mine. Relax while we can. There will be plenty to do up the road as we continue to work for The Lord and His Kingdom. And be assured, relaxation is part of His plan, always has been, and always will be. Thank You, Lord.



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment